Monday, June 15, 2009

Author's Note: Management of Grief

This paper has been in development since we last had to blog about it on June 10th. I always knew that I wanted to expand on the plane crash, since the story starts after the fact, and deals with everyone’s reaction instead of the actual crash itself. I also knew that I wanted to add more physical action to the story because a lot of it is Shaila’s inner thoughts dealing with her grief. If I didn’t add more conflict or action into the plot audiences would become bored extremely quickly. I thought expanding the plot was pretty easy and casting the characters was actually fun to do. However, finding symbolism was harder than I thought it would be because I don’t remember any extremely significant symbols in the short story. I had to take matters into my own hands and create symbolism through wardrobe decisions and expanding situations in the plot line. Overall I am happy with the way the piece turned out and I would go watch this movie if it ever came out in theaters. I don’t want feedback on any specific section just the entire paper in general. This is the first time I have ever had to think about adapting a story into film or expanding plots and I usually feel like practice makes perfect so my paper might be a little rough. But I did enjoy this more than a traditional assignment.

No comments:

Post a Comment