Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Last Blog

My favorite story of the semester was probably "The Veldt" The story kept my attention the entire time and had a twist in the end that I wasn't suspecting. The children were somewhat creepy in the fact that they invisioned there parents dieing and were smiling at the psychiatrist after there parents were murdered but it was enough for me to handle. Many of the other stories we read like "Yellow Wallpaper" and "A Rose for Emily" were too creepy for me actually enjoy. This story was easy to read and I was never confused by the sequencing unlike many of the other stories we read. It was one that really kept my interest.

My least favorite story of the semester was probably "Angel Levine" I read this story when I was really tired and I remember not understanding anything about it when I was done reading. I thought it was really boring and didn't make a whole lot of sense. There was really no action involved to keep my attention. It seemed really long and was pointless. What I got out of it was that there are black Jewish people and not to judge a book by its cover.. but it took WAY too long to tell me that. I probably missed the entire concept though, I wasnt a fan of this story.

No comments:

Post a Comment